HRV provides coatings inspection services for numerous clients both in the field and in steel fabrication shops throughout the world.
All of our inspectors are trained and experienced in coatings inspection and have NACE and SSPC training/certifications. HRV is also experienced in galvanizing and metalizing coating and concrete coatings inspection. Our experience includes:
- Inspections of coatings applications on bridges, industrial/process facilities, highway structures, pipelines, and tanks.
- New paint system inspection for existing steel structures
- Documenting environmental conditions (temperature, humidity, dew point, wind, etc.) during abrasive blasting and coating application.
- Monitoring containment inspections, cleanup and decontamination procedures, as well as the collection, storage, and disposal of hazardous waste per specifications and federal, state, and local regulations.
- Preparation of periodic progress reports detailing project work activities, along with labor, materials, and equipment used.
- Monitoring health and safety procedures.
- Inspections for all surface preparation and paint coating applications.
- Verifying application procedures; mixing, and measuring thicknesses using test instruments in conjunction with the manufacturer’s data sheets.
- Failure analysis of coatings
- Specification of coating systems
- Destructive testing of coatings