HRV’s Portland cement concrete expertise involves inspection and testing of precast and cast-in-place products in both shop and field environments.
This includes prestressed, as well as, post tensioned applications. Specialty services include supervisory visits and fabricator audits in addition to product failure analysis.
Our services include:
- Verify and document that concrete produced conforms to approved mix design by way of aggregate sampling and admixture utilization.
- Perform / witness and document plastic testing of hydraulic cement concrete in accordance with appropriate specification such as American Concrete Institute (ACI) and American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM) test methods.
- Witness and document construction and utilization of formwork in accordance with manufacturer and product design specifications.
- Inspect and document reinforcement steel installation to verify conformance to product design specification by way of pre-pour inspection.
- Witness and document tensioning operations for prestress and post-tensioned products in accordance with appropriate Precast Concrete Institute (PCI) specification.
- Witness and document concrete placement and finishing operations to include consolidation and screeding.
- Witness and document concrete curing operations to include hydration and temperature regulation.
- Witness form removal and storage to include dunnage placement and stacking by way of post-pour inspection.
- Observe product loading and document shipping operations from fabricator to jobsite.
- Review and document fabricator’s adherence to PCI MNL-116, “Manual for Quality Control for Plants and Production of Precast and Prestressed Concrete Products.”