HRV provides the inspection of structural steel at the point of fabrication and construction.
Specialty services include consulting, supervision, and plant audits. Projects range in size from partial days to multi-year and include many types of structures and members. Our services include:
- Providing quality assurance/ quality control inspectors to perform fabrication inspection of structural steel components including:
- Bridges: Simple and complex structures fracture critical members; overpasses; moveable (bascule, swing, vertical lift) suspension, truss, and cable-stayed bridges; as well as secondary and ancillary structures including: cross-frames; diaphragms; expansion devices; bearings; and hand rails
- Sign structures
- Traffic and light poles
- Pipe and Fittings
- Light and Heavy Rail
- Monitoring of fabrication processes and quality.
- Conduct visual inspections of material for conformance with the approved specifications, plans and codes, as well as verification of Certified Material Test Reports (CMTR) for materials used.
- Ensure materials and components are at key points along the manufacturing process in both steel mills and steel fabrication shops.
- Verification of Welding, Bolting, and Coating practices of in-process material.
- Witness welder and welding procedure qualification tests as applicable to the scope of the project.
- Witness and verify Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) during shop fabrication.